Head of Risk & Compliance
Who We Are…
We are a young, exciting technology driven financial services business, looking to take advantage of the ever growing FinTech movement. We are developing some ground-breaking tech to help make us a market leader in the Protection Insurance and Mortgage spaces. Making front to back online acquisition possible and usable. Redesigning the way we buy our most important financial products.
We are in the process of implementing an entirely new style of personal financial management, and are seeking an experienced Compliance Manager. The role will involve:
- Full accountability on all compliance matters for the Commercial business.
- Ability to define, implement and monitor a systematic methodology in relation to regulatory compliance and wider risk management.
- Produce monthly, and ad-hoc, compliance and risk reports for the board of directors.
- Take a lead role in preparing the business to meet GDPR.
- Liaising with relevant regulators
- Ensuring continued compliance with the ethical investment requirements of private equity investors, including areas such as Anti Bribery and Corruption Legislation and the Modern Slavery Act.
- Establishing and maintaining sound internal procedures with respect to clients; including both Know Your Client and anti-money laundering legislation.
- Engaging with and challenging the Board and senior management team in relation to compliance, and other business risks, which arise from their commercial decision making.
- Collaborating with the IT team on compliance matters, including the ongoing development of IT standards, policies and auditable processes.
- Providing guidance and advice to staff and management on any compliance and/or conduct matters
- Carrying out an annual compliance assessment and subsequently creating an effective annual monitoring plan.
- Represent Business Assurance on projects and change initiatives to ensure delivery is both compliant and commercially viable.
- Oversee the execution and delivery of monitoring reports and recommendations in accordance with the monitoring plan
- Experience working for an online business.
- Strong experience and understanding around handling data.
- Has substantial compliance experience within Financial Services, under FCA regulation.
- Has experience of working with senior stakeholders - Director level and above.
- Has experience of project work and change initiatives.
- Able to analyse compliance requirements and embed them into business processes.
- Ability to apply regulatory requirements to commercial; scenarios.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience of PCI DSS compliance.
- Previous experience of managing regulatory relationships.
- Ability to build relationships to implement change.
- Ability to task prioritise and strong time management skills.
Perks of the job
We want everyone at Mojo Mortgages to feel valued and be able to fit work around their home lives. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy as part of the Mojo family:
We work a 39-hour week and offer semi-flexible working hours, along with a variety of shifts to suit you.
We’ve got a generous budget to spend on whatever helps you need to improve what you do. From courses to books and beyond, we care about your development and we’re ready to put our money where our mouth is.
Health and wellbeing
We offer income protection to cover your entire salary for up to 6 months if you can’t work because of injury or sickness.
We're set up with The Peoples Pension to help everyone here save for their future.
Generous holiday allowance
You get 25 days’ of jollies a year, and we encourage you to take it. We’ll also throw in an early dart on your birthday.
Our social committee gets us out and about every month, as well as arranging two parties a year. Day to day there’s all sorts going on - from table tennis and squash leagues to cinema trips and drinks after hours.
Food & Drink
You can help yourself to free breakfast, fruit, tea and coffee, plus beer, wine and pizza at our company huddles and whenever we pull a late one.
Visit our website at - www.mojomortgages.com