Training and Development Lead
Mojo is looking for an experienced, super-organised and ambitious Training Lead who is full of energy and ideas. As a training lead, you will report to the Director of Sales & Operations and own all things related to training Mojo’s mortgage operations team consisting of advisers and administrators.
You will identify, design and deliver training content. You will work closely with Squad Leads to identify training needs, gaps and address them.
You will thrive in an ever-changing and rapidly growing environment and will embrace the opportunity to grow. This role is key to Mojo’s ambitions and you will be an integral part of scaling up the company. You will be someone who is willing to roll their sleeves and get stuck in the day to day whilst having a clear sight of how the training function will develop. You will interact closely with senior leadership and across the team so great communication skills and a real understanding of what motivates people is key.
Your primary day-to-day responsibilities (but not limited to the below):
- Designing, delivering and keeping updated all training material for members of the mortgage operations team.
- Managing the training team.
- Onboarding new starters so they are set up to succeed in the unique space that Mojo operates in.
- Work closely with the Squad Leads to establish team and individual training requirements and feed these into the training programme.
- Identify training needs and gaps, deliver group or one to one coaching sessions to address them.
- Provide periodic reports on impact on team performance and customer experience to the senior leadership team.
- Work closely with the Compliance team to ensure that all activities are in line with the regulatory and legal framework that Mojo works in.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of proven experience in effectively training frontline customer facing teams.
- A people-person with a strong desire to help colleagues improve.
- Super-organised with the ability to work autonomously while balancing competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience of delivering training in both a classroom setting and one-to-one.
- Confident in presenting in front of a group of people.
- See change as an opportunity and adapt quickly to it.
- Ambitious in outlook, both about their own career and Mojo.
- Experience within the mortgage industry, ideally with sales or customer facing teams providing regulated advice.
We want everyone at Mojo Mortgages to feel valued and be able to fit work around their home lives. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy as part of the Mojo family:
We work a 39-hour week and offer semi-flexible working hours, along with a variety of shifts to suit you.
We’ve got a generous budget to spend on whatever helps you need to improve what you do. From courses to books and beyond, we care about your development and we’re ready to put our money where our mouth is.
Health and wellbeing
We offer income protection to cover your entire salary for up to 6 months if you can’t work because of injury or sickness.
We're set up with The Peoples Pension to help everyone here save for their future.
Generous holiday allowance
You get 25 days’ of jollies a year, and we encourage you to take it. We’ll also throw in an early dart on your birthday.
Our social committee gets us out and about every month, as well as arranging two parties a year. Day to day there’s all sorts going on - from table tennis and squash leagues to cinema trips and drinks after hours.
Food & Drink
You can help yourself to free breakfast, fruit, tea and coffee, plus beer, wine and pizza at our company huddles and whenever we pull a late one.